Once you have done the work related to inventory, pathways, and actions, you are ready to publish your online, real-time climate action plan to citizens and other stakeholders.
The Dashboard is ClimateOS’ most powerful tool for communication and engagement. It enables you to communicate better, more openly, and more precisely with your citizens and stakeholders. It can be easily understood in just a few glances and it provides an overview of what you as a city are doing on your journey towards net zero.
On one page, they get an overview of your climate transition, with the ability to drill down into the topics that interest them. It has been designed for clarity and to reduce complexity by keeping only the relevant information visible at any given time.
High-quality visuals, a clear layout and the ability to add descriptions with graphics make the dashboard a great tool for a range of communication needs from engaging with your community to decision making conversations with political stakeholders. Additionally, as it lives in the ClimateOS platform, it’s easy to maintain the dashboard up-to-date as your plan evolves.
The dashboard can be used at different stages of the Climate Action Plan creation process and serve several needs.
In the planning phase:
- Even if your Climate Action Plan is not finalized, publishing a draft dashboard can be used alongside traditional consultation and participatory approaches to improve literacy and awareness around the climate agenda in your city.
- It can be used to develop a plan in collaboration with citizens and stakeholders. For example, as an asset to walk-through during a community assembly or workshop), used to leverage support and get buy-in.
In the adoption phase:
- It can be used to showcase the plan’s actions and timeline in a single place for everyone to access and interact with it
In the implementation phase:
- Used to transparently share your progress on both the delivery, via the action statuses, and in outcomes (seen currently as a white line on the activity diagram for Transition elements when you click through).
- Used to show the latest updates to citizens and partners, while aligning with reporting and updates as you cycle through the process of creating your dynamic Climate Action Plan. and move again to balance the transition and add further actions